1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updates hell - please help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by chrisauk, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisauk

chrisauk Thread Starter

Hi guys, would appreciate some help if at all poss.

Using Win 7 Pro SP1.

The 'important' updates below are proving a nightmare. Installed them many times but they keep coming back.

Generally I will install them but after rebooting they are not showing as installed when checked. I then get prompted again to install them.

Worse ..one of these is causing my machine to need to repair itself upon restart after the 'install'.

I have tried a few things. Downloaded the MS fixit gadget - no luck, turned off AVG and tried installing - no luck. Also tried the 'cold boot and then install' method - no luck.

Any ideas please?

KB3032323 failed with reason 800F0816
    KB3033929 failed with reason 800F0816
    KB3039066 failed with reason 800F0816
    KB3046049 failed with reason 800F0816
    KB3035131 failed with reason 800700E

2. Agye

Agye

I had the same last month working on a clients computer so I don't know if is from Microsoft have you tried windows update trouble-shooter? if yes try installing them one by one to see if it will work if that doesn't work either try changing it in windows updates from automatic update to download update but let me choose to install them, then try installing them.

3. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

4. chrisauk

chrisauk Thread Starter

ok, finally got my machine sorted and updated with everything except KB3033929. This was the update that killed my machine last time, causing it to become unrepairable, and needing a comlete rebuild. I've made a fresh backup now, and created restore points etc ready to try and install this again. However, I've seen a couple of posts around the net saying that this update is flawed, and it may be best leaving it for now until MS have a fix. Anyone know if this still applies, or have other comments on this?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I just read an update about this this morning. If you are dual booting Windows and linux 3033929 still causes problems.

I dual boot 7 and XP and had no problem with it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice