1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

updates i have down loaded

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ozziebeanie, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi All

Just a quick question, I have put my OS on a bootable usb and also saved drivers for that particular computer and now I have downloaded other updates for the OS so I don't have to download again if I want to re-install on the computer again or another computer

How ever the other updates such as service pack 1 and security updates etc will only let me install them individually, is there a program available that would allow me to have those updates installed automatically one after the other, and or choose which ones to install and then install them one after the other

I just need a point in the right direction, not having much success in finding anything on the net. something simple that is not a huge process if there is such a thing would be great

Windows 7 Pro is the OS I am using

Thanks in advance, much appreciated

2. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi I'll give it a shot. Why don't you get a external HD and create regular back up images.
    I know of no other way to save windows updates. Are you aware how to create back up images of your OS with programs like Macrium Reflect??

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

There is a program called WSUS Offline. http://download.wsusoffline.net/ .This allows you to choose your Windows platform and download all the critical updates for it and create an ISO file. You burn this ISO file and put it into the newly installed computer and it will patch it automatically. Note that non-critical updates still need to be fetched with a Windows Update.

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

First Name:
    Serena
    Thanks Donetao and Lunarlander much appreciated that you answered, yes I do, do images on my external and those are very helpful in saving info when on the rare occasion I get a virus that I can not remove, but the current image I have had, its the longest I have kept this image, and usually every year or so I start from scratch and do a clean image from the ground up. I just thought on those occasions it would take less time if I had the basic image, the service packs and drivers and at least some other updates going on all at once, its not a big thing, just thoughts going through my mind on ways to make a clean image from scratch as I have lots of programs to add to it as it is without just adding the basics when I want to start again. Lunarlander I will down load and play around with this program and see what is does, will let you know sooner or later how I have done, thanks so much,

5. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi Beanie! Sounds like a good plan to me!! I don't add many new Apps. I have a current image of my OS that I made after a clean install with all my Apps. I would just have to down load all those windows up dates. Not that bad, but it does take time. It would be cool if you could down load them all at one time. I think that's what your trying to accomplish??? I'll watch this thread and see how it goes!!
    Thanks for the feed back and you are quite welcome!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice