updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bash62

every time iswitch pc on it says downloading updates . then when downloaded itry to install them 77 of them every time. it says they cannot be installed. doing my head in . only been since went from internet explorer 6 to 7
cheers
bash

So are you saying you've only had this problem since switching from IE6 to IE7?? If so go back to IE6. Let me know what's going on.....

Try shutting down as there are some updates that require that to install.

bash62

went from 6-7 .deleted 7 had to do a repair install to get 6 back .upgraded to 7 and these problems occured
cheers
bash

Then just do without 7.0, I have one pc that I had a similar issue on, and I never use IE anyway so I left 6.0.

Hi bash62 there is a problem with the wiindows updates try the fix below and then it should fix the problem,

Manually registering files solves the problem

If you find that Windows Update refuses to install most patches, you can register its missing DLLs yourself. This can be accomplished by manually entering seven commands (shown in Step 2, below) at a command prompt. If you need to run the fix on multiple machines, it's easiest to use a batch file, as Steps 1 through 5 explain:

Step 1. Open Notepad (or any text editor).

Step 2. Copy and paste the following command lines into the Notepad window (the /s switch runs the commands silently, freeing you from having to press Enter after each line):

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

Step 3. Save the file to your desktop, using a .bat or .cmd extension.

Step 4. Double-click the icon of the .bat or .cmd file.

Step 5. A command window will open, run the commands, and then close.

The next time you visit the Windows Update site, you should not have any problem installing the latest patches.

In Control panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Internet Explorer 7 uninstall will do it and that puts back 6.0.

bash62

OZROM1E wicked mate all 77 updates installed cheers mate cheers
bash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online