1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating a Modem ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sharky, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i assume the factory installed modem on my 3 year old computer has an update(s). clicking the modem's icon for a "CHECK ON UPDATES", i am directed to the page below(both pasted and the link).

i am lost as where to click on this page,i'm thinking the page offers both a driver for the modem and an update for the modem. seeing i'm using the modem right now,i dont need a driver.

also,i'm aware any downloads are a zip. file.

thanks ahead of time.

(http://www.smlink.com/products/hamr56/hamr56res.htm):

Technical Documents
    Item Version Date Size Format
    HAMR5600 FAQ 1.5 1-FEB-00 112 KB
    Motherboard compatibility list 21-MAY-00 HTML
    Primary_Secondary Mode Selection Guide 10-APR-00 4.5 KB
    How to tell the mode of your riser card 10-APR-00 55 KB

Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 to view these documents. Click here to download it.

Device Drivers
    Drivers are available from the downloads page.

Diagnostic Tools
    Diagnostic Tools are available from the downloads page.

Design Material
    Item Version Date Size Format
    HAMR5601 Reference Design material B1.3 2-MAY-99 855 KB

Note: You will need Winzip or a similar ZIP extraction program. If you don't have such a tool, click here to download Winzip.

2. $teve

$teve

hi sharky.........it may be working ok but it will do no harm to download the latest drivers for your modem........that IS the modem update;)

good luck.

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

thanks steve.

your accurate,the modem is working good and showing no signs an update is necessary.

i'm likely in one of my computer moods, my computer has been working fine lately,so i'm thinking of fixing something. then i'm back here at techguy asking why my computer doesnt boot up. .:mad:

by the way, i noticed you have an LG burner,i actually have an LG computer which has been heavy-used going on 3 years old and i'm very satisfied with it. especially when i read lately,alot of computers can go kuplunk in less than 3 years.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Don't fix things that aren't broken! :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice