1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

updating BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Spaik, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spaik

Spaik Thread Starter

how can i update my BIOS? sisoft sandra claims that my BIOS is old and needs to get update...

General Information
    Manufacturer : AT/AT COMPATIBLE
    Version : Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    Date : 06/16/98
    Plug & Play Version : 1.00

Performance Tips
    Tip 201 : System BIOS is old. Check for an update.
    Tip 200 : SMBIOS/DMI Interface not supported. Check for a BIOS update.

I just can't find an update from the internet...plz help!!!

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Most manufacturers have updated BIOS on their websites for download. If it is a custom build, the motherboard manufacturer will have one.

It is not usually necessary to update BIOS unless you have a particular issue that the update resolves . .

wrs

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Unless you are having a problem that the bios update addresses, leave it alone. There is no need to have the "latest and greatest bios"

Updates are issued to give more capability, support more cpus, support larger hd, etc. Sometimes updating the bios can lead to a problem that you did not have before.

4. Spaik

Spaik Thread Starter

Thank you for replyes. I was just concerned that my prehistoric puter keeps collapsing because i've got old BIOS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!