1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

updating bios

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cliffo90, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cliffo90

cliffo90 Thread Starter

when im done building my pc and installing the os, do i need to download all the updates for the bios that were released? or just the most recent one. because im confused that if i download the most recent update, it wont fix all the bugs that the updates before it fix

2. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

Why don't you try and install the most newest mobo that you can cliff, thereby reducing your need to update the bios.

3. Stoner

Stoner Banned

The newest updates are inclusive of past updates.

4. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

My philosophy is that if it is not broken, don't fix it. There can be some dangers in updating the BIOS, so if the computer works to your satisfaction, then use it and don't update what you don't need.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Gotta' go with Tumbleweed here, don't fix stuff that ain't broke.

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There is a definite % chance (statistically several %) that a BIOS flash will go wrong and possibly result in an uneconomical repair to the motherboard.

A BIOS flash is only done to correct a fault that has been identified with specific hardware and is well documented by the motherboard maker.

As above, if you have no fault to fix there is zero need to reflash.

7. Deodar

Deodar

http://how stuff works is my Bios upgrade site as there's a on line scan,Wizard & redirection to necessary upgrades.But as stated the newest mobos should supportnewest RAM & disk sizes/types so shouldn't be necessary.'Flashing' the Bios is counterproductive and 9/10 times leads to real problems.Interesting reading @http://www.badflash.com/

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice