updating BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PEP

Banned
I have a dell dimension 4550 and i was wondering if i have the best BIOS.. i think it was A05 or something like that.. pllz give link if you there is a better one..

crjdriver

There is no "Better one"
Bios updates are done for a reason ie support new hardware, correct a stability issue, etc. If your system runs fine the way it is, leave it alone.

While doing a bios update / flash is a straightforward task, if done incorrectly you can render your system unbootable.

PEP

Banned
gulp .. ishould leave it alone... i hope the new video card im getting will not cause any trouble.. but why should it lol

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If a BIOS upgrade "is" required, that's the time to do it, not just to "have the newest". :)

PEP

Banned
well i dont have any problems with my computer..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online