1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

updating drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannylatics, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannylatics

dannylatics Thread Starter

How do I update my drivers. THe one in question specifically is my graphics card as whe nI ply flight simulator the graphics are a bit flickery. I don';t know the manufacturer as it is all packard bell and came s a package. Can anyone give me thr website address for the packard bell drivers?

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

3. wolfgang53

wolfgang53

Go to START, open CONTROL PANEL, double click SYSTEM, click the tab HARDWARE, under tehy Device Manager section, click teh bar DEVICE MANAGER, on the list that appears, find the entry for Display adapters, double click it, you should see a list of your display drivers drop down, double click the first one, click on the tab DRIVER. You should see displayed the driver provider, driver date and driver version number. You will see either the name of the graphics chip manufacturer(ie. ATI, N-Vidia) or perhaps the name of your motherboard manufacturer if you don't have a separate graphics card and the graphics are on the motherboard. Contact the manufacturer website in either case and try to find the latest driver for your set-up. Make sure you match your system specs and OS to the correct new driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice