1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating favorites/bookmarks

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mrcobra, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

Ok did a search and could not find anything. I need to know how to update my favorites in IE V6.0 and netscape V7.1.

By updating I mean to make sure I have the most updated information from that page. I do not want to dl a proggie to do this.

thank you

Cobra

2. RandyG

RandyG

update them, as in checking to see if the links are still working?

am-deadlink is a dottle to use, checks links, and stores favicons. best of all is it's free!;):D

3. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

updating to make sure I have the newest information from that particular web page. Both in IE and NS

Cobra

4. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, so you are referring to having the pages available while offline, then?

When you bookmarked the page, you have the option to make content available offline.

Even afterwards you can, In IE go to Favorites, Organise Favorites.

Click on the link, and in the bottome right of the screen, there is an option to make available offline put a tick in it and then click the Properties button that will appear. you can set depth of site to download, as well as Synchronse options.

If this is not what you are looking for, but want to check that the link you have is a valid link, then you will have to click each seperate link to verify it, or use a download program that will automate the task for you.

If none of the above is what you are looking for, then you will need to take a little more time to explain it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!