1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

updating firmware

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jedicmdrwedg, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jedicmdrwedg

jedicmdrwedg Thread Starter

For some reason the Motorola SB4200's firmware does not agree with America's Army (the game thingermy). I did a search on the AA forums and it seems the friendly folks at Comcast either a) will charge me fifty dollars, b) will not help me at all, or c) will, free of charge, give me a new modem.

So.

Given my experience with Comcast customer service, I'm going to go ahead and guess they won't help me. I found a page that tells me how to update the firmware myself:
    http://sbmodem.tripod.com/attbi.html
    but I don't know what the risks of doing this are. A little help, please? Anybody else done this? What are the risks?

2. jedicmdrwedg

El Grande Bumpo

3. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

I wouldn't touch this one on a bet EXCEPT to say...I just took my Surf Board in to a Comcast "payment/service center" and swapped mine out in 15 mins; no questions asked...

4. jedicmdrwedg

Seriously? You mean Comcast actually did something useful? Wow, I'll call them and check that out...if I can do it, that would be awesome.

5. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Worth a shot

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice