1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating Integrated Intel Graphics on Toshiba Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Acdakin, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Acdakin

Acdakin Thread Starter

Hey, I am at the end of the ropes on this one. I just can not seem to be able to update the graphic driver for my intel integrated graphics card.

The reason i want to update this is because i get this error when I try to start up:
    Capture1.PNG

I found out that the driver version after the #1 is my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M card, but the one after the #2 is the Intel HD Graphics 4600. #2 is the one i need to update

I mainly need help finding the right driver that works for my laptop, I am told that only ones from the Toshiba website work, but the most recent driver is from 2013, which does not see right to me.

Here are my specs:
    Toshiba Qosmio x75 a7170
    Windows 8.1
    Intel Core I7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M AND Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600

2. Acdakin

Acdakin Thread Starter

Also i downloaded Intel Driver Updater Utility and i get this when it searched for Graphics drivers;
    Capture2.PNG

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say if your laptop is running Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit.
    You didn't say which NVIDIA and Intel driver versions are currently installed.

The most current Windows 8.1 driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M device ends with 5850 and is dated October 2015.
    The most current Windows 8.1 driver for the Intel HD Graphics 4600 device ends with 4294 and is dated October 2015.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  4. Acdakin

Acdakin Thread Starter

Sorry, it is Windows 8.1 64 bit, I didn't think the drivers current versions were needed because they were in the error message

But here they are:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M is version 9.18.13.4752
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 is version 10.18.10.3308

Where do I download the new drivers? I see what version is up to date, but I would like to update them. but as stated earlier, I need the ones from the Toshiba website, I think, I have tried the ones off of Intel's website and they don't work.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I and many others here don't click on unknown links or buttons.
    Next time, submit error messages as thumbnails or images so they're viewable and readable.
    Both of your laptop's graphics drivers are out-of-date.
    The current NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M driver (9.18.13.5850) for Windows 8.1 64-bit can be obtained from here.
    The current Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver (10.18.10.4294) for Windows 8.1 64-bit can be obtained from here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1157541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice