1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating Microsoft Office 2002?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kusama, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kusama

kusama Thread Starter

Hey guys just wondering how can I update my Microsoft office 2002 to 2007 or other later versions? been using this 2002 version since 2004 and it's getting kinda outdated I guess haha.

Do I have to download any service pack or do I have to buy a later version just to update it?

Replies will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. techychick

techychick

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You don't need to upgrade only because a newer version is available. If what you have is working for you, why spend the money? Some people are still using Office 97. It works for them.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    kusama:

Since you say you've been using Microsoft Office XP(2002) since 2004, can I safely assume that your computer is 4 years old or older?

What's the processor type and speed, how much RAM is installed, and how large is the hard drive?

The newer versions of Microsoft Office(2003 and 2007) are more processor-hungry and memory-hungry than the older versions, and they use more hard drive space.

I still use Microsoft Office 2000 in an old desktop, and it works fine for what I need it for.

------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice