1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating site on search engines

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by mbjo, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mbjo

mbjo Thread Starter

Hi guys - I'm baffled how these commercial sites like Target and Overstock.com etc. can operate on the internet with their websites. I created a site uploaded it and made some changes about 3 -4 weeks ago and still the changes aren't showing up. I must be doing something wrong. My "preview" on my site builder shows that all is perfect and the support group from same site builder says it can take weeks or even months for changes to show up. There has to be a better way - like I said the commercial sites make changes daily and they show up. Anybody got any clues or suggestions what I can do to make this happen? the site is www.robertwhitejohnson.com and on the changes there should only be 3 songs in the "featured song samples" box. Originally I had four songs in there. Also the music player I used is a flash player not quick time.

2. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://robertwhitejohnson.com/ as retrieved on Nov 1, 2007 20:36:41 GMT.

Looks to me like the cached version on google is exactly the same as your current websites.

You mentioned there should be only 3 songs, but on your website there are 4. Who is modifying your website? Seems to me the changes were never actually done.

3. mbjo

mbjo Thread Starter

Tell me - do you see 2 pictures on index page or 1? If the changes aren't showing up, I may have a hunch why. I'm doing all the work. I'm a rookie - but my head is expanding (I think)

4. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Well, those commercial sites have better hosting and teams of seasoned professionals working on their sites. :)

Attached is a screenshot of what I see.

Peace...

Attached Files:

5. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

Your screen shot is exactly what I see.

6. mbjo

mbjo Thread Starter

Well thanks for checking it out for me. That's what I'm seeing too. There are a few things there that aren't supposed to be there so - back to the drawing board.

7. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Or, you can post the steps you use to update your site and we can see if there is anything in your procedure that's causing problems.

Peace...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice