1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating video driver.... Safe mode locks up and blue screen appears

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilfocus, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilfocus

lilfocus Thread Starter

I jus bought the Sims 2 an its aight but it freezes and I must update my video driver
    I'm tryin to update my ATI radeon 9000 video driver
    what I've done so far/able to do ->
    ->Downloaded driver update
    ->Uninstall both the ATI driver and the ATI control panel

Finally I uninstall ATI radeon 9000 and have to restart my computer

When I try and run the computer in safe mode (hit F8 on the loading thang) It begins to load but then stops then after about 2-3 seconds a blue screen appears and have to restart to ->best known configuration...
    Can anyone help me update this driver I've been troubled by this for 3 days and askin everywhere

2. TOF

TOF

What operating system version do you have?

Go here and get the instructions listed under [ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON and RADEON graphics series].

You may want to update DirectX.

Be sure you have the right driver .

Good luck!

3. lilfocus

lilfocus Thread Starter

I reinstalled windows and now safe mode works... Ill do everythang here an check it out ta see what happens ill let ya know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice