1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updating xp-- no new visual styles

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SUSANLIEU, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SUSANLIEU

SUSANLIEU Thread Starter

hi just wondering ...ive been constantly downloading updates for my XP system but how do i get new visual styles such as getting different colours for my taskbar similiar to the vista visual styles..please leave some suggestions??

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

You can change the appearance in XP by right-clicking on a blank space on your desktop . Click Properties/Appearance/Advanced .

There are also third-party applications such as Windowsblinds and StyleXP which have very comprehensive display/skin options , though they can cost a few bob . You should also use these with a modicum of caution as many skins are 'user-created' and can be buggy .

3. worf51

worf51

i got sick of the boring old colours on my xp,so i downloaded a free small program called VISTAMIZER, with this program,now my xp looks exactly like vista,even the black start menue,task bar etc,and it DOESN`T add to the memory usage of the normal xp operating system,i recommend it thoroughly ..........

4. SUSANLIEU

SUSANLIEU Thread Starter

Ohh okay.. Kool

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice