Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade BIOS? After upgrade new CPU.

936 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  brite750 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have replace new CPU 2.8ghz on CPU 1.7ghz...do i have upgrade BIOS? but how? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

#2 ·
Assuming your MB is compatible with the new cpu, if you install it and it works then NO, remember with itel stuff, just because its the same socket doesnt mean it will work with the MB, I hope you have done your homework in that regard

#3 ·
#4 ·
Assuming your MB is compatible with the new cpu, if you install it and it works then NO, remember with itel stuff, just because its the same socket doesnt mean it will work with the MB, I hope you have done your homework in that regard
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4400/specs.htm#1101572
you may be wasting your time, this says the highest P4 for that system is 2.4 and it has to be 400fsb
Right....but i have already upgrade CPU 2.8ghz (400fsb as well) on my pc, its working fine....so you says "Assuming your MB is compatible with the new cpu, if you install it and it works then NO" then ok. so no need upgrade BIOS. thanks. Just check.:)

#5 ·
Right....but i have already upgrade CPU 2.8ghz (400fsb as well) on my pc, its working fine....so you says "Assuming your MB is compatible with the new cpu, if you install it and it works then NO" then ok. so no need upgrade BIOS. thanks. Just check.:)
yeah if it works then leave it, you would only need to flash bios if cpu didnt work. must be they didnt have 2.8/400fsb when Dell information was written, good for you, that was actually a decent cpu upgrade:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.