1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade for Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ohliger, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ohliger

Ohliger Thread Starter

I'm at the point once again where my current graphics card is starting to lag behind the software produced. I currently have an ATI all-in-wonder X800 series card. The rest of my system is working great so I would just like to upgrade the graphics card. After mistakenly purchasing a new card that didn't fit my slot, I am asking for advice for the most high-end graphics card that will fit in my current slot. I'm guessing by the specs on my current card that my slot is a apg 8x (?)

What would be your suggestion???
    Thanks!

2. displacedbeachbu

displacedbeachbu

The standard appears to be PCI Express today as far as buying a new card check tigerdirect.com that is where I found mine... i do not have PCI Express but wanted 512MB and HD quality.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the followong it custom or home built, Mother Board, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

With this information we can better help you.

4. Ohliger

Ohliger Thread Starter

Desktop Sony PCV-RS520(UC)
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3GHz
    Memory 1024RAM
    DirectX Ver: 9.0c
    HDD: ST3160021A

Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3

Current Video: All-in-wonder x800 series (ATI)
    Chip: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (ox4A4B)

Monitor: ViewSonic VA720

Sound: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Drives: HL-DT-ST VDV-ROM GDR8162B
    and Sony DVD RW DW-U114A

Power Supply: Delta Electonics DPS 266-AB A
    max output: 266.2W

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/837271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice