1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade from PII to PIII (Dell)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dktemple7, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell OptiPlex G1, Pentium II 400 MHz (Slot 1), Bus Clock 100 MHz, 256 MB Ram. And, running Windows Me.

I would like to upgrade to a Pentium III. Does anyone know what the fastest speed of PIII I could install in this?

Thanks,
    Darlene

PS...I sure love my little machine :)

2. norton850

norton850

I doubt it will take a PIII.

3. nmkyourface

nmkyourface

the fastest pentium 3 i have ever seen is a 750mhz but your pc only handles up to a Pentium 2 500mhz. plus older pc's a much less aftermarket friendly then newer pc's and technology.

4. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Thanks to both of you. I was just wondering. These computers did come with a Celeron which I've been told is similar to a PIII.

5. dez_666

dez_666

I'm sorry but the best way to get a faster computer would be to get a new computer :eek:

A new computer would be quite a bit faster than your current one :p

6. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Sorry dez_666 that it took me so long to reply. I didn't get an email. So, I didn't realize you replied.

I do plan to get a new computer. But, I really can't afford one right now. Next year!

My old one really works well for everything I do. Except, browsing the internet. But, I'm still using dial-up. I'm thinking about getting DSL soon. But, I'll have to check to see if I can get it using Windows ME.

If you think my computer is old...you should see my truck! A 1982 Toyota 4X4. I bought it new. I have trouble getting rid of things!

Thanks and take care

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice