Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade from Vista to WIN 10

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bassfisher6522 
#1 ·
Hello all! I need to upgrade my laptop from Vista to WIN 10. Where do I get WIN 10 from and how is it done?
Thank you all so much!

#2 ·
First off.....No Ragrets. Great movie!

So your quick answer is NO. There is no way to upgrade (upgrade path) from Vista to Windows 10. The positive thing is; you should still be able to install windows 10 on your laptop. The bad news is; you're going to have to buy windows 10.

The issue here is the age of the laptop and the lack of driver support for it with windows 10. We can't determine that with out the brand/make/model of said laptop.

#4 ·
First off.....No Ragrets. Great movie!

So your quick answer is NO. There is no way to upgrade (upgrade path) from Vista to Windows 10. The positive thing is; you should still be able to install windows 10 on your laptop. The bad news is; you're going to have to buy windows 10.

The issue here is the age of the laptop and the lack of driver support for it with windows 10. We can't determine that with out the brand/make/model of said laptop.
Thanks everyone. I figured as much.

#3 ·
If your laptop(no description provided) originally came with Windows Vista, it's likely too old and too slow to run Windows 10.
And some of its devices(graphics, audio, ethernet, wireless, etc.) likely won't work in Windows 10.

You should consider buying a newer and faster refurbished laptop that comes with Windows 10 already installed in it.
There are plenty of them out there for less than $500 U.S..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.