Upgrade from Windows 10 in S Mode

Tabvla

Microsoft sent me a message advising that a Laptop of mine, which runs Windows in S Mode, can be updated for free to Windows 11 when available.

What Microsoft didn't tell me is what version of W11 will be installed. Will it be Windows 11 in S Mode? or Windows Home or something else...?

On that particular laptop I like running Windows in S Mode for a number of very practical reasons and would be reluctant to install the upgrade if it meant the end of S Mode on that Laptop.

Any info on this subject...?

T.

Send a message to MS again asking specifically if an upgrade from Win 10 S will result in a Win 11 S.

Tabvla

Thanks lunarlander.... did not receive a reply. However, I upgraded today and W10 in S Mode upgrades to W11 in S Mode. Upgrade was very smooth, no issues, but did take a couple of hours. Have had a brief look at some of the W11 features and this appears to be a very mature OS with some interesting ideas.

T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online