upgrade function disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xosunshyneox

Hi ok i am trying to upgrade from 98 se to xp home edition it went so far and stopped said my upgrade function had been disabled ive looked and have no clue how to enable it heres my syatem information i have contacted microsoft and they refer me to manufacturer
Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
Upgrade using Full OEM CD /SrcDir=D:\WIN98 /IQ /U:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IE 5 6.0.2800.1106
Uptime: 0:01:52:30
Normal mode
On "D9Z8E3" as "Windows 98"

GenuineIntel Pentium(r) III Processor
320MB RAM
66% system resources free
Windows-managed swap file on drive C (7661MB free)
Available space on drive C: 7661MB of 9772MB (FAT32)
if anyone can help ide really apreciate ut ty Sunny

Welcome to TSG.
I haven't heard of an upgrade function myself. Is there any reason you can't do a clean install of XP instead of upgrading?

xosunshyneox

The error msg said my upgrade function had been disable and my disk only allowed upgrade i had xp on my other syatem and was gonna just transfer it to new pc as the old one died bought this one from a private seller and he had rebuilt it i was trying to save the money if there was a easy fix thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online