Upgrade or new PC?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

essentialindexic

Hello all,

I can figure most software-related issues out myself but I'm still quite shaky when it comes to hardware. I want to be able to play games like Starcraft 2 on high settings smoothly, Skyrim, etc. but I don't know whether the base is worth upgrading or if I should go for a new computer altogether to accomplish my desired task.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad QCU Q8300 @ 2.33 GHz

3 GB RAM

Vista 32-bit

****** onboard Intel graphics

Motherboard: Acer, WG43M

I was thinking of doubling my RAM, getting Win 7 64-bit and upgrading my graphics and power supply. Are these specs alright to run most modern games if these things are upgraded, or should I scrap this for a new, more capable PC?

Thanks!

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd figure up the cost .. then go to HP shopping and see what a new one costs and has in it.
You can customize one the way you want it .. and see the cost

I'm thinking that now's not the time to buy a new one ..
Maybe the newer ones with the newest hardware/processors will be available after Christmas .. Maybe about Feb ??

and buying a pre built gaming pc from newegg or tigerdirect will be cheaper than something like HP.. more bang for ur buck

You must upgrade. Your RAM, graphics card and processor will not handle the games you mentioned above.
And the fact that your Operating System is 32-bit, 3GB of RAM is probably the highest you can achieve..
You should buy a new custom built computer,
make sure you have a 64-bit operating system so you can get more than 4GB of RAM,
and make sure your mother board supports PCIe x16 to get all the latest graphics card ;D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online