1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrade power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sckrem, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sckrem

sckrem Thread Starter

I have a Dell and there was a 250 W power supply. I bought a 350 W not a DEll It works fine as long as I don't screw it into place. Once I screw it into plade it seems like it shortens out. I took it back and got another one same thing happens. What Dell just takes Dell Power supply's. Dells didn't have a off and on switch on the power supply This one does. Would that make a difference? The switch isn't in the open it behind the sheet metel. there no opening for the switch.

Thanks

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Are you saying that the On Off Swith for the power supply is contacting the sheet metal of the case when you screw it in place? Or is this a switch that says 115/240 on it?

3. antech

antech Banned

dustyjay,
    You should have just clicked the "Report Button" and they would have moved it in the Hardware Section.
    Just a tip.....
    I will do that for you.
    The people in the hardware section are friendly and solve many problems.
    Sorry if I sound contradictory

4. sckrem

sckrem Thread Starter

yes the off and on switch is hitting the sheet mental. So I am just going to order a dell power supply
    Thanks

5. antech

antech Banned

Best of Luck for your new PSU.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice