Upgrade Ram or purchase SSD

raven09

Hi, I have an Acer Spin sp314-51 with basic specs like processor: Intel(R) Core i3-8130U [email protected] 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz and installed ram of 4GB but now I want to upgrade the ram to maybe 8gb or above as I want to use software for programming such as visual studio 2019. Incase if the ram can't be upgraded buying SSD will be my next option. In your opinion do you think the model allows me to upgrade the ram? (and also I know this might not be possible but is there an option to maybe upgrade the process to i7?)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to the marketing specs for the Acer Spin 3 SP314-51 14" laptop, it appears to come with:

Intel Core i3-8130U 2.20 GHz dual core processor
cpu.JPG

Intel UHD Graphics 620 integrated graphics
gpu.JPG

8 GB DDR4 RAM
128 GB SATA3 hard disk drive(HDD)

What is the exact SNID number and serial number on yours, and what country was it purchased in?

Increasing the amount of RAM to at least 16 GB, and switching to a solid state drive(SSD) would both be a good move.
Most laptops don't support user-friendly upgrades of the processor.

------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

raven09

According to the marketing specs for the Acer Spin 3 SP314-51 14" laptop, it appears to come with:

View attachment 280904

View attachment 280905

8 GB DDR4 RAM
128 GB SATA3 hard disk drive(HDD)

What is the exact SNID number and serial number on yours, and what country was it purchased in?

Increasing the amount of RAM to at least 16 GB, and switching to a solid state drive(SSD) would both be a good move.
Most laptops don't support user-friendly upgrades of the processor.

------------------------------------------------
Thank you, I knew upgrading the processor might be a long shot and I didn't want to buy a new device as its not been long since I had this model. Well, about the details: SNID is 82302194566, s/n: NXGZREM003823055B96600 and it was purchased in UAE

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to the serial number you submitted, you have the Acer SP314-51 14" laptop that's listed at this site:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/support-product/7497?b=1&pn=NX.GZREM.003

According to its product details section, it came with this hardware:
4 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB SATA 5400 RPM hard disk drive

This is the "Contact Acer" site for any questions you may have about your laptop:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AE/content/service-contact

-------------------------------------------------

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I see Frank tracked down your exact laptop and it does not have an SSD.

Fitting an SSD would be a good upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online