1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

upgrade to Netscape 7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Maosy, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maosy

Maosy Thread Starter

Hi,

I am helping my Dad upgrading his browser on his PC. He is currently using Netscape 6 on Windows XP. I wish to download the stand alone version. Is there a way (in the preference, or other places) to re-designate where the download software should go? Cause the way my Dad's Netscape browser does now is to download to some 'Local' folder in his 'Document' folder, and the so called 'Local' folder cannot be found before nor after the download. I even tried to download via Internet Explorer and it allows me to choose my download destination. Nevertheless, my luck also ran out again, just before the download finish using IE, I got an error message of 'time out". My Dad uses the dial-up method of connecting to the internet, and each succession of downloading the new Netscape takes about one hour and forty minutes, so I have wasted over three hours. Can anyone help out?

Thanks
    Maosy :confused:

2. hewee

hewee

Well click on tools, download manager and it will open the download manager. When you click on anything that was downloaded you can high light it and then click on show in explorer.
    Now go to preferences, download and you have you options there.
    Clear the download history now and then too.

NETSCAPE & MOZILLA SOLUTIONS
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

Download search.
    http://search.worldnet.att.net/s97_is.vts?QueryText=download&Uid=cherokee67&Action=FilterSearch

When you start a download a 'save-as box should come up. Up top there is a dropdown where you can pick where you want to download too. It will then always download to where every else you pick.
    But Netscape acts funny and want to default back to it's own Netscape folder after a reboot etc so always check so you know where your downloading too. If you know you got the file but can't fine it then look in the download manager.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!