Solved Upgrade to SSD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lopa

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S5170 that was bought in 2011 (Intel core i3, 380M, 2.53 GHz). I am thinking about replacing the hard drive, and wonder if it would be able to take a solid state drive, or if I should just get another HDD. I run on Windows 7, with 4 gb RAM, but may increase the RAM to 8 gb. Any thoughts?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
An SSD should work fine.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Toshiba Satellite A665-S5170 Laptop (support site)

It came with:
Intel Core i3-380M 2.53 GHz dual core processor
Capture.JPG
4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM (expandable to 8 GB)
640 GB SATA hard drive

It supports a 7.5mm or 9mm 2.5" SATA 3.0 Gb/s or SATA 6.0 Gb/s solid state drive.
If you buy a 7.5mm model, make sure it has a 9mm adapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I even found an IDE ssd (120 G) & installed it into a 15-16 yr old toshiba laptop, works fine

Lopa

I increased the RAM to 8 gb, and installed a Samsung 860 EVO drive. I'm amazed at how much better this old laptop runs! Thanks for your help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online