1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade to XP...can't find satellite card?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BBB_, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BBB_

BBB_ Thread Starter

I upgraded from W98 to XP.

I have the original software for drivers etc, but the PC is not recognising I have a Telemann Skymedia 200D card installed.

Anybody??

2. BBB_

BBB_ Thread Starter

Bump.

3. Funkmeister

Funkmeister

4. BBB_

BBB_ Thread Starter

Oh Funky one, That page is a direct copy of the instructions on my ISP's homepage, but as you may notice it starts with what to do from the 'Found New Hardware' page. I also found it in 30 secs, but it couldn't help my prob, I wasn't getting the 'Found New Hardware' page.

Anyway, I have solved the problem.

I removed the card from the PC, re-installed XP, reconnected the card after installing XP and rebooted. I now got the 'Found New Hardware' page and it is all good.

Thx for the reply Funky.

5. Funkmeister

Funkmeister

No probs BBB, the 'uninstall/reinstall' would have been my next recommendation in any event..

The site just demonstrated that the card was supported under XP which was the first hurdle. Glad you sorted it dude, I replied as you had bumped after getting nothing..

Regards,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/288578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice