1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade to XP from 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sfalconer, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sfalconer

sfalconer Thread Starter

I was talking to a friend today and he told me that he tried to upgrade his Win 2000 PC to XP and it would not let him do it. Can this be true?

2. tomlunt

tomlunt

I'm not positive, but i think Win2000 must be upgraded to WinXP Professional. Your friend might have tried to upgrade to WinXP Home edition.

Just a thought...

Tom

3. tlund_99

tlund_99

According to the box from WinXP upgrade,it will only work with Win98,98SE or Win ME. Tom

4. TechChick

TechChick

tlund_99 is referring to the Windows XP Home edition box.

5. sfalconer

sfalconer Thread Starter

I had a feeling that it might be a home vs. Professional issue but I did not get that bit of information. I will find out and confirm.

6. graz0

graz0

Well guyzs I did the 2k upgrade to XP Pro ...very smooth and pretty quick too. I decided to migrate an image using Drivecopy to a new drive and then just used PartitionMagic7 to convert it to NTFS...sweet.

If you are having problems perhaps its the fact you are trying with the Home Ed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!