Upgrade Video Card for my PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asye288

I've ATI Radeon HD 4650 which I believe is outdated, I want to buy a XFX HD 6790 1gb because I'm an ATI/AMD fan. I want to know whether this upgrade would be good to BF3 on max. I'd like to know if it's compatible with my computer.

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz, 3334 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical

Any comment would be really appreciated, thanks.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
The one thing the TSG System Info tool won't tell us is the make/model and wattage of your power supply, for that you need to open up the computer and read the label off the side of the power supply itself. Higher end video cards need more power.

The Radeon HD 6790 probably won't run BF3 with every setting at Max, but that will also depend on what resolution you run it at.

The recommended cards for BF3 by EA are the Geforce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950.

asye288

My system is custom build. CPU is Intel core 5 661 3.3Ghz, Gigabyte H55M-S2V mobo, 500gb hdd, 4gb ram + DVD. My psu is 400W but I'm not sure it is True 80+ or not.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
400 watt PSU is generally not enough for any decent graphics card. You'll need a new power supply and it should be from a quality manufacturer like Corsair, Antec, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts