1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonuck, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonuck

jonuck Thread Starter

I have upgraded my Graphics Card from an Asus Geforce 5200 128 mb to an Asus Geforce 6600 128 mb ............ install was uneventful and I downloaded the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website .......... I spent some time tweaking the graphics settings on my system and everythings seems to be running fine except I cannot get video with any of the WMV files on my system ........ I get the audio from these files but no graphics. I have some Quicktime MOV files and these play just fine. I have checked that the correct file types are associated with the respective utility ............. would welcome advice re this.

jonuck, :confused:

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Possibly the codecs are missing?

You could try re-installing WMP or download the K-lite package of codecs.

3. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Asus has their own drivers if I remember correct. You may want to check their website and see what downloads they have out for your card.

4. WarC

WarC

You might want to make sure WMP has video acceleration enabled in Tools->Options-> "Performance" tab.

5. jonuck

jonuck Thread Starter

Many thanks guy's for your response .......... I seem to have solved my problem. Downloading the K-Lite codec package was the answer. Would seem that Granddad's browsing machine was not cutting the mustard when the Grandsons came avisiting with their Video games ........ hence the upgrade. Once again Many thanks.

jonuck, (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/478636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice