1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade window 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nichoray10, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nichoray10

nichoray10 Thread Starter

So, my uncle upgraded from windows xp to windows7 home. Now he decided to get the windows 7 professional - windows anytime upgrade without the disk. since my uncle is using windows 7 professional. so... does that mean that im able to use the windows 7 home edition key (upgrade my vista to windows 7 home using his windows 7 home key) or no?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

No, an upgrade becomes part of the existing license, so the version upgraded can't be used on any other PC.

3. KimE_WinTeam

KimE_WinTeam

Hey Nichoray,

Yup - theoutcaste is correct. Your uncle's Win 7 product key will always be matched up with his computer, and they're not transferable. If you want to upgrade to Windows 7, you would need to purchase it.

If you don't have any other q's, maybe you can go in and mark the thread "Solved" so that we all know you're good to go.

Cheers,
    Kim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice