1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade Windows 10 32bit to 64bit

Discussion in 'Networking' started by faiq007, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faiq007

faiq007 Thread Starter

Hi, i ungraded windows 10 free copy and it is 32bit ,whereas my laptop supports for 64bit os. Is there any way to get it convert or reinstall for 64bit..?

2. Hamphoeby

Hamphoeby

You’ll need to perform a clean install to get to the 64-bit version of Windows 10 from the 32-bit one.

faiq007 likes this.
  3. faiq007

faiq007 Thread Starter

Well how can get it for free..? When i run thd media tool it automatically selected 32bit without my knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. faiq007

faiq007 Thread Starter

Well how can get it for free..? When i run thd media tool it automatically selected 32bit without my knowledge

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't describe your laptop nor advise what Windows version(7, 8) and bit number(32, 64) came in it.
    What's the brand name and model name and complete model number of your laptop?

Just because your laptop can support a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 doesn't mean it'll automatically upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 10.
    It depends on whether your laptop was running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 before you made the upgrade to Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. faiq007

faiq007 Thread Starter

Laptop was running on win 7 32bit.
    Model toshiba saltellite l635.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the complete model number of that Toshiba Satellite L635 series laptop?
    Note: The complete model number will have a dash and additional characters after L635.
    If that laptop was running Windows 7 32-bit, it would automatically upgrade to Windows 10 32-bit.
    The only way for it to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit is to have Windows 7 64-bit running in it.
    It cannot upgrade from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice