1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade Xp Pro to Corporate

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by r_khan, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r_khan

r_khan Thread Starter

Hi. i have the Windows xp corp cd with me and i anm trying to upgrade windows xp pro to corp. howeverm, when i tried, it said it cannot contunite b/c the current windows is newer than the one on the cd (corp) and that i have to delete the current windows.

How do i do that?

I have 3 partitions.

Please help.
    -Rayhana

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

There is no difference between a Windows XP Pro disc and your Corp disc. The reason it is saying you the version on your computer is newer is because the version on your computer has all the latest service packs and the install disc does not. Either way, you are not going to benefit from what you are trying to do.

3. r_khan

r_khan Thread Starter

i know they are the same. however i dont want to deal with the activation cuz it gives me problems anyway...how do i do the stuff describe in the first post.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I agree you will not "See" any difference. If you really really want to do this, then boot with your CD of choice and do a repair install. This will put it back at whatever sp level the disk is at ie sp1 or no service pack at all.

In any case you are just making work for yourself and not accomplishing anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice