Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade - Yes? No?

961 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Gr3iz 
#1 ·
Ye Old Luddite back again. I use an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10, about 1 1/2 years old and its works great. Should I upgrade to Windows 11? I use it only for the SIMPLEST, most basic word processing, reading and sending emails, maybe watch a Youtube video once in a while. That's all. Should I just leave well enough along --- if it ain't broke, don't fix it -- or should I go with the crowd and upgrade to Windows 11?

#4 ·
I agree 100% with Ramon.
Windows 10 will be supported by Microsoft until October 2025, so there's hurry for you to upgrade to Windows 11.
Windows 11 has several bugs and issues that need to be resolved, so that's another reason why you should wait awhile.

No, Windows 10 will not stop working in October 2025.
It just means it will no longer receive support and security updates from Microsoft after that time.

-------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
Terry, that should really only apply to things in which one has some strong familiarity. For me, electrical/electronic stuff, no problem. Plumbing and AC -- I'll pass. ;-)

Reactions: TerryNet
#9 ·
You still have approx 4 years to decide on upgrading to Windows 11. If you are interested in doing so I would back up Windows 10 before you upgrade to W11 just in case you don't like W11 you can just roll back with your backups or install a new HDD or SSD and make a fresh install of W11 and try it out. If you can't do the things you did on W10 then you can just swap the drives.

#11 ·
I'd say to give Win11 a couple of years to let the dust settle. They will work out most of the bugs and kinks by then. They are still working out the problems with Win10 ... ;-)

HDD = Hard Disk Drive
SSD = Solid State Drive (a faster type of drive with no moving parts)

Reactions: Blu_86
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.