1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nana25, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nana25

Nana25 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion xl973 with Windows XP that my grandchildren use for gaming. It only have 128mb of Ram and some of the games they want to Play (Sims 2) need more. What can I do to upgrade this for them?

2. KablooieXL

KablooieXL

unfortunately I don't really know the specifications of the HP Pavilion xl973 and what kind of hardware it supports. I've searched for the computer specs on google and HP's website, but came up with nothing... Judging from the fact that you only have 128mb RAM, I think it's a fairly old computer. Upgrading RAM itself is quite easy... However, if your computer IS an older model, RAM might not be the only hardware that would need an upgrade.

Technical bit :
    There's also computer processing spreed and your current videocard to be concidered. To be able to play Sims2 you need at least (MINIMUM!!) an 800Mhz computer IF you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM... If you do NOT have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you would need at least a 2Ghz computer.

If your computer DOES comply with the minimum specifications needed to play Sims 2 and RAM is indeed the only hardware you need upgraded, then I suggest a visit to your local computer store would be required. The minimum RAM specifications to play the sims 2 is 256mb's, so buying a 512mb DDR memory module (not that expensive) would suffice if your computer supports it (which I'm pretty sure it will). Installing it is fairly simple as well, but perhaps you know someone to install it for you that has some experience with these things.

I hope this information helps you a bit. Ofcourse if someone knows anything about the HP Pavilion xl973 and it's specs, perhaps they can give a little more information or advice.

~ KablooieXL

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice