1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrade

Discussion in 'Games' started by NeVeRReSt, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

I need your help in making a decision wheather to buy a new processor (Intel Dual core 3.6ghz) or 2gb of corsair XMS ram.

I play battlefield 2 and 2142 with no problem, but when playing bf2142 it gets little laggy compaired to bf2. I need to know which one of the above upgrades will help my computer run bf2142 better.

Thx
    (y)

p.s: soz if its confusing

2. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

Also guys sorry, if i should upgrade the ram/processor i only have £250 to spend

3. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

What is your MB and present Specs.....

4. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

P4 3ghz ht
    1gig ram (2x256+512)
    X1900XTX Toxic

that enough specs eh?

5. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

LOL

Just relised that if you click on that little computer icon next to my user name it brings up my specs LOL:confused: :confused: :eek:

6. Deathblow

Deathblow

Your computer should have no problems playing the Battlefield games. Look at my specs, they play flawlessly on mine.

7. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

well when i play bettlefield 2142 it gets a little choppy, maybe m8 you processor has got something to do with it.

8. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

Anyway can you guys tell me which one of the two parts will bring more performance for playing bf2142

9. Jones

Jones

I'd say most likely the RAM would be the better choice. Your processor is still pretty good. Tests have shown that 2gb of RAM runs BF2 and 2142 more smoothly than 1gb (all other things equal).

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    make sure you clean your machine up, removing unecessary startup programs etc.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!