1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kokopelli3, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kokopelli3

Kokopelli3 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new here! My first time! LOL

I just upgraded the BIOS on my Intel D845GVSR mobo with supposedly the latest drivers. I used the Windows express install feature, as my machine doesn't have a floppy, just CD, DVD, card readers, and USB. After the install, (and I didn't touch my computer while it was doing this process), I noticed my USB mouse not working, and none of my card readers worked eithter.

So, I called Long-distance to Intel tech support and went through the whole thing. They told me to download the *.bio file for the mobo so I can restore my BIOS... but I couldn't find the file for the right board, so I called them back, on a cell phone this time, and this time was told that the above mentioned might not work, and to remove the battery from the system, wait 20 mins, replace the battery and reboot, and this would reset the CMOS...well, I did that, and still no USB. I called tech support back, and they basically put me through the same procedure again....

I'm very frustrated beyond description. What good is a comp if I don't have the USB ports to run printers, etc? I think my system is screwed! Thanks alot INTEL.

There HAS to be a way to fix this!

--Thanks Kokopelli3

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice