Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

upgraded pc lower performance

894 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  aristita 
#1 ·
hi,i hope you ca help me.i upgradet my pc from a nforce 405 motherboard to a 630i and de processor from amd single core 2.4 gh to pentium e5200 dual core.the problem is it seems that performance dropted.it takes longer to install win ,longer to load win ....and i observed that after installin windows,installing sp3 ..all drivers,antivirus ...the temp of system is more than 40 celcius degrees and the processor is still at room temp....20 degrees celcius .:confused: thanks

#2 ·
The e5200 is only a 2.5 mzh cpu and it is the slower 800mzh fsb with only 2meg of cache. It is not really much of an upgrade from an amd 64 with a 2.4 cpu. That would have been either one of the FXs or something like a 3700+ single core.

Next when you install windows, you generally install in this order;
1 Install windows
2 Update to latest service pack for xp sp3
3 Install chipset/mb driver
4 Install sound, lan, etc
5 Install video driver last
6 Activate windows and make a backup image file of your system
7 Now do all windows updates

If you have a problem with an update or you just want to clean install at a later time, it takes all of a few min to restore the clean install image.

#3 ·
BTW I always recommend an intel chipset mb for an intel build. A much better choice would have been one of the p35 chipset boards from gigabyte, asus, or foxconn and something like an 8500 cpu. This would be quite a step up from the amd system. The one you did in fact use, uses a cpu of almost the same speed, the same fsb and with a little more cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.