1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgraded to Vista and my monitor isn't being detected

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mamatembu, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamatembu

mamatembu Thread Starter

So today I upgraded to Vista from XP. Every thing has run smoothly except I am having monitor resolution problems. I have a 17' Polaroid widescreen lcd tv that i double as my monitor. Vista doesn't recognize my monitor's resolution like XP did. Vista shows my monitor as a Generic PnP monitor and I can't change my resolution to anything higher than 640x480. I have tried updating my drivers and nothing works. Anyone know how I can fix this?

i wasn't sure where to put this so i put it in hardware also

2. Rodeeze

Rodeeze

Hey! did you download the correct drivers for vista?.. if not.. uninstall drivers, reboot, install, reboot. I hope that helps

3. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Check the device manager for any yellow ! (exclaimation). A lot of times you will need to set up an lcd tv as a monitor seperately using the video card software (comes with the drivers)

Check out the options in the video card software. Also, check polaroids website and see if Vista requires a special driver from them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice