1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgraded to windows 98 now bad graphics

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jenatoo, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenatoo

jenatoo Thread Starter

I had friend that upgraded my PC from Win 95 to 98. Graphics fine on 95, now on all programs, I have incomplete graphics in 98. BeLarc Advisor say in Display I have Standard PCI (VGA) graphics adapter. In properties it shows I have 16 colors. Do I need more, Do I need to upgrade adapter? If so, does anyone know a working free site to download & what do I download? I'm sure more info needed, so can email me @ [email protected]. Graphics bad on this site also. Very hard to read board but very clear in chat! Could it also be a driver? Had new drivers installed w/98 version.:eek: :confused:
    Any & all help respectfully appreciated
    Broke in Sorrysota, Fla.

2. randyrayd

randyrayd

Control panel>display>settings.....set your screen area to 800X600 pixels and see if that helps.

If not, I'm sure someone will have a better answer.

Randall

3. slipe

slipe

Right click on a blank part of the screen and select Properties > Settings. See if you can increase your resolution and colors. If you can’t your video driver is probably not installed.

First try Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add New Hardware. Have it search for new hardware. Win98 has quite a few video drivers, but if Windows can’t identify it you will have to find out what card you have to select from the list. If windows can’t find your card then you will have to find out what it is to load the drivers.

Right click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager. Double left click on “Display Adapters’ and find out what video card you have installed.

If it doesn’t show anything there except “standard VGA” you are likely to have to open the case to look at the video card and see what it is. If you still have the stuff that came with the computer there might be a video driver on a CD or floppy that would identify the card. The old driver might work if you have it.

You have to identify the card to get the driver if you don’t have one. It would be better to download a driver from the manufacturer but the one in Windows will likely work for you if it is listed.

If you can't read the board well, in Internet Explorer go View > Text Size and increase the size.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice