Upgraded w2000->xp, partitn improperly mounted when try to enlarge partition ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hansen

WANTED TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 2000 PRO TO XP PRO
Decided to copy my hard disk to another drive first, so i could go
back to win2000 if XP did not work out.
I cloned my 20gb drive to a 10gb hard Drive using partition magic.
No problems there, but obviously had to resize the 20gb to 10gb
before i cloned.
Using PMAGIC V5.1 (2000 version)
After XP was up and working, (some minor problems, had to remove PCanywhere and a few other progs.) I wanted to re-boot
to the partition magic floppy disks, and re-size the 10gb partition
up to the full driver capacity (20gb) - NTFS

the following errors reported and won't re-size the partition.

1516 - partition improperly demounted
1633 - non-directory lack data , file 9
1527 - bad update sequence number (many times)

too many errors - process halted

I have re-started XP, closed all files, deleted incident logs etc

1516 error is supposed to be :
The partition dirty flag is set in a restart record in the journal file. This error may have been caused by a power failure or system crash while the Windows NT operating system was writing the partition. Reboot Windows NT and execute CHKDSK/F to repair the damage.
error 1527 is supposed to be :
A buffer contains mismatched update sequence numbers. This error may have been caused by a power failure or system crash while the Windows NT operating system was writing the partition. Reboot Windows NT and execute CHKDSK/F to repair the damage

I have run chkdsk from within XP, which reboots and runs chkdsk in dos mode.
does not fix the problem - anybody got any clues ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online