1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by revelay, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revelay

revelay Thread Starter

Ok so I went to micro center today and bought an i7-8700k Processor and a z370 aorus MOBO. I plugged them in and when I turn the computer on I get the black screen with the word Aorus as I should, but instead of hitting the boot or bios menu it freezes there and never changes. In the MOBO manual it lists the ram specs it supports. Mine isn't listed, however when I visit the gigabyte website it says that most ram will convert to the correct frequency needed. (Mine exceeds). The gskills page says it has the xmp profile. What is going on with this computer?!? It ran fine the second before I tore it down.
    Yes wires are connected securely...

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

What ran fine before you tore it down? What ram are you trying to use? I assume you put a heat sink &Fan with thermal grease on the CPU. What LED status lights are you getting?

3. revelay

revelay Thread Starter

I got that running now. I didn't have the right drivers installed. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!