1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading a old PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by watden3096, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watden3096

watden3096 Thread Starter

I have wanted to see if I can upgrade my computer to play LoL at a good amount of FPS, my price range for new parts is a around 150$ and im not looking to buy a new PC.
    These are the system requirements, all the parts except the RAM and video card for my computer were able to play at recommended, so Im looking for those two things, or anything else I might need. I'm looking for the cheapest amount to spend also.
    ystem Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/15/2015, 16:29:38
    Machine name: COMPUTER
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: OptiPlex GX280
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 502MB RAM
    Page File: 373MB used, 1621MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Even if you have a Dell OptiPlex GX280 with the largest case size, it's too old and doesn't have upgrade options with the necessary "horsepower" for gaming.

Even if you maxed it out with 4 GB(4096 MB) of RAM and installed a graphics card and installed a more powerful power supply, its processor type and speed and its motherboard limitations would be a performance bottleneck.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice