1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading a Samsung v25 P4 2800

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simonshort, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonshort

simonshort Thread Starter

Hello, i am looking to upgrade parts of my laptop but am not surer if this is possible. I know that uprading RAM is easy and need no further help on this but i would like to get a P4 ht if possible, do these even exist for laptops. Would i have to change my motherboard?? add additional cooling?? also a video card upgrade would be useful as well?? any help? :confused:

My current system is a Sumsung V25
    Pentium 4 2.8
    845g chipset family ( which according to intel supports HT technology)
    533mhz system bus
    512mb ram

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Most laptops are NOT upgradeable in any way apart from RAM or replacing the HDD.

Motherboards are specific to each model of laptop. If by chance there was one that was available as a spare part, from a later model that would actually fit in the case, its most likely it would cost more than a new laptop.

Some top end (expensive models) can have a video card upgrade but as far as I know that model will not be one (it's more of a budget model).

3. simonshort

simonshort Thread Starter

i have seen on some sites that the cpu itself can be changed on the motherboard. Is this viable?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice