Upgrading an OmniBook XE3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

goodwin24

I recently got an OmniBook XE3, it was given to me as a gift. It's been wiped and it's not too bad, but it just seems to lack something speedwise. The specifications are below:

Specifications
Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP OmniBook PC
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies LTD GC.M1.63

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 2.0
PID: 55274-649-1136111-23613
Hot Fix: KB910437

Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 192 MB

Processor
Intel Celeron processor
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
Speed: 647 MHz

Local Disk
Total Capacity: 6.71 GB
Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )
Used: 3.90 GB
Free: 2.81 GB
-----------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to upgrade the HDD obvious reasons, but am I able to upgrade the processor easily? If anyone could help me with this I would be extremely greatful! If anymore information is needed just ask...
Thanks in advance,
goodwin24 :)
PS - Merry Christmas!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online