Upgrading Computer

Selda

Right now I have an intel UHD graphics 620 graphics built into my laptop. so I was thinking of getting a Razer Core X Chroma Aluminum External GPU Enclosure (GPU) or an Xcellon Little Brother Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis from amazon with a GTX 1650 graphics card or should I use a beast V9.5/pci or how can I improve fps in high res games.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We know nothing about your laptop, other than it has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 integrated graphics device.
Please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your laptop will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

Use the utility you were told to use. No one wants to wade through a ms report.

Selda

sorry.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200616020038.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon (TM) 530
Hard Drives: C: 915 GB (489 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0Y8YF0, ver A00, s/n /2F94DQ2/CNCMC0083I00CA/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 2F94DQ2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

crjdriver

First you need to understand a basic concept. There is a LOT more to any gaming system than just installing a video card. While purchasing a video card enclosure and high end video card will undoubtedly improve gaming somewhat, I tend to think the expense involved will not justify the performance you will see.

There is a reason why gaming laptops are heavy with large cooling vents, a large battery etc. The system needs to be able to dissipate extra heat, the motherboard needs heavy duty pw regulation, HD capacitors, etc.

All of the parts in a gaming system need to work together to achieve a decent level of performance.

crjdriver

It is however up to you IF you want to invest that amount of money into a laptop. Be sure your laptop has the necessary connector ie thunderbolt.

DakBai

Dak
First you need to understand a basic concept. There is a LOT more to any gaming system than just installing a video card. While purchasing a video card enclosure and high end video card will undoubtedly improve gaming somewhat, I tend to think the expense involved will not justify the performance you will see.

There is a reason why gaming laptops are heavy with large cooling vents, a large battery etc. The system needs to be able to dissipate extra heat, the motherboard needs heavy duty pw regulation, HD capacitors, etc.

All of the parts in a gaming system need to work together to achieve a decent level of performance.
I agree. All gamers have different preferences between sacrificing performance for nice graphics or sacrificing nice graphics for performance. Or even having a balance between the two. But any of these options require major investment. Whether you want a really good graphics card or a really good processor or hard drive, you need to have the funds available, and when installing into a previous computer, you need to make sure it is compatible with parts that won't be replaced.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to your log in post #5, you have THIS Dell Inspiron 5570 15.6" laptop.

According to its support site, it was purchased in January 2019 and came with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

It appears to still has all of its original hardware.

It has this processor and 2 graphics devices:

Intel Core i7-8550U 1.80 GHz quad core processor
cpu.JPG

Intel UHD Graphics 620 integrated graphics
gpu1.JPG

AMD Radeon 530 discrete graphics
gpu2.JPG

It is powered by:
3-cell 48WHr Lithium Ion battery
65W power adapter

crjdriver is one of the hardware/gaming experts here, so I'll leave you with him.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

crjdriver

With that laptop having hybrid video, I would not even think of attempting to use one of those video card enclosures. That would make three video devices AND hybrid video can be problematic by itself.
Again up to you however the money spent on an enclosure such as you listed in your first post plus the cost of a video card would be much better used to purchase a real gaming system.

crjdriver

If you have to have a laptop rather than a desktop, you are going to pay a premium price. Gaming laptops are NOT cheap. The dell/alienware gaming laptops start at $1500 or so and go up from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online