1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading cpu Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zorbas, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorbas

Zorbas Thread Starter

Hi
    I decided a couple of days ago to upgrade my cpu from a 1800xp to a 3000xp+.
    My problem
    I have installed but pc doesnt seem to boot up or all of a sudden switches off(Tower light reamains lit).
    I have tried with different bus speeds,not sure what the multiplier settings should be or the core voltage.
    I have flashed the bios and updated it.
    One thing I found during some research is that my motherboard may ony support 166(333mhz)fsb, but still I know.This may sound stupid but I still can't figure out if the one I have got is the 333mhz or 400mhz cpu version,
    I have tried by looking with the manufacturer code but I seem to get both versions with it,this is a oem version by the way.

Any advice
    Or even better what is the proccess I should go through to install it,step by step(configurations),and how can i found out what settings I must have for this cpu.

Any advice well apreciated

System specs
    Motherboard : Lan party KT400A
    CPU :3000xp+ Barton
    DDR :pNY 512ddr + Generic 256ddr
    HDD:40gb Maxtor
    O/S XP pro
    Graphics C: gforce 3

2. djrock

djrock

Hello Zorbas Have you check that your motherboard can support the 3000+ processor. If its the KT400a i think it should support the 3000+. When you flashed the bois did you clear the cmos?

djrock

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice