Upgrading cpu Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zorbas

Hi
I decided a couple of days ago to upgrade my cpu from a 1800xp to a 3000xp+.
My problem
I have installed but pc doesnt seem to boot up or all of a sudden switches off(Tower light reamains lit).
I have tried with different bus speeds,not sure what the multiplier settings should be or the core voltage.
I have flashed the bios and updated it.
One thing I found during some research is that my motherboard may ony support 166(333mhz)fsb, but still I know.This may sound stupid but I still can't figure out if the one I have got is the 333mhz or 400mhz cpu version,
I have tried by looking with the manufacturer code but I seem to get both versions with it,this is a oem version by the way.

Any advice
Or even better what is the proccess I should go through to install it,step by step(configurations),and how can i found out what settings I must have for this cpu.

Any advice well apreciated

System specs
Motherboard : Lan party KT400A
CPU :3000xp+ Barton
DDR :pNY 512ddr + Generic 256ddr
HDD:40gb Maxtor
O/S XP pro
Graphics C: gforce 3

Hello Zorbas Have you check that your motherboard can support the 3000+ processor. If its the KT400a i think it should support the 3000+. When you flashed the bois did you clear the cmos?

djrock

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online