Upgrading Dell Latitude 3310

FarFromTech

Hi TechGuys!
I am going to buy cheap Dell Latitude 3310, most probably with Intel Celeron processor with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB eMMC Hard Drive . Please advise what kind of upgrade I can make with it and to what extent.
Can I easily switch:
1) to i3 or i5 processor?
2) to 16 GB or 32 GB RAM?
3) to 512 GB or 1 TB Hard Disc?
Or maybe it's better to buy one with i3 processor to be able to upgrade to 2) and 3) above.
Please advise as well which brands will be most suitable for above upgrades of RAM and Hard Disc/SSD: Samsung, Crucial or something else.
Although I've googled and searched info from internet on the same subject and it helped me a lot to initiate this thread, I am totally dilettante/amateur in this sphere and your kind support will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time, patience and generosity.
With best wishes,
FarFromTech

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
From what I can determine, the Dell Latitude 3310 laptop comes with one of these Intel processors:

cpus.JPG

If you want to increase the amount of RAM to improve its speed and performance, select one that comes with the Core i3 or Core i5 processor.
If you select one that comes with a Celeron or Pentium processor, it will be futile to increase the amount of RAM.
It has only one RAM slot, so you need to remove its original 4 GB module and replace it with a 8 GB or 16 GB module.

I do not believe its original 64 GB eMMC solid state drive can be replaced with a larger capacity one.
I also do not believe it supports adding an internal SATA hard disk drive or solid state drive.
Someone else here can correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online