Solved Upgrading error

• Thread starter Deletedmember932556
  • Start date
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
D

Deletedmember932556

When I try to upgrade 32 bit to 64 bit but now my ram has gone done by 50% I can't open anything not even video or program my graphics are terrible everything is wrong what can I do

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you sure you simply haven't removed the 64-bit version by mistake and installed 32-bit? It would help if you post details of the machine in question by downloading the TSG System Information Utility, running it on the PC, and then posting the results back to this thread.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, as mentioned: download the utility, run it on the affected PC, and then post the results back to this thread.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, if you can't get the file to run, can you at least give me the specifications for the PC itself? Do you have a make, model and serial number for it?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That doesn't mean anything without the make & model of the PC.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, let's go back to first principles...
When I try to upgrade 32 bit to 64 bit...
How exactly are you attempting to do this upgrade? A clean installation of the 64-bit operating system?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, you downloaded the ISO. Where did you download it from and how did you run it? Did you burn a disc and then boot from that to install the 64-bit version? Have you downloaded the 64-bit drivers for the PC?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Soooooooo, what did you do after you extracted it with WinRAR? How did it install? Were you prompted to enter your product key?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Okay, we're done here. Clearly, you were looking to pirate the version of Windows you're trying to install, and any assistance to that end won't be tolerated here.

D

Deletedmember932556

K thanks I deserve this thanks for your help so far

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online