1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Upgrading from Outlook 2003 to 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jpay2002, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jpay2002

jpay2002 Thread Starter

I was wondering if any folders or contacts will be lost if I upgrade from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Also, will any information on my calendars be lost if I upgrade? I use Windows XP, but if it is any different for Vista let me know.

Any information would be appreciated.

2. cherry pie

cherry pie

are you only upgrading office or windows as well? (you're mentioning XP and vista in your question)
    If only office then nothing will be lost since the files will remain in the same location. But if you're installing Vista I assume youll be reformatting the machine or at least overwriting or removing XP. In this case you need to backup your outlook files and restore them after the installation.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

4. jpay2002

jpay2002 Thread Starter

I work at a university and we are getting ready to upgrade our users from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Some of them are using Vista, and some are still using XP. I'm trying to figure out if folders and contacts will be lost if we upgrade them to Outlook 2007 or if everything carries over. I know when I upgraded mine from 2003 to 2007 I didn't notice anything missing, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of anything getting lost.

5. cherry pie

cherry pie

correct (y) :)

And yes slurpee there are some known problems that appeared on office 07 (particularly outlook I've read threads on that) mostly freezing and some un-explained annoying error messages not really stopping the work but just annoying. Thing is that they are not common! things happen with one person and don't with another which makes it stranger but mostly everyone I know saw at least a couple of them. Not sure though if it's because of Vista or because of outlook 07 on Vista. Never run into anyone with XP & 07 :rolleyes:

Overall I'm satisfied with 07 it has more (luxury) than 03 and one error every 3 or 4 days is OK with me :) I'm a fan of Vista and 07 anyway so don't take my opinion for granted :p

jpay2002, as for the data, having your pst files and pab files in place (whether XP or Vista) should ensure your emails and contacts are there.

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

well, glad I guessed right! ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice